Thank you for your interest in the Nordeast Big River Homebrew Competition by the Nordeast Brewers Alliance organized by Nordeast Brewers Alliance, Eastside Neighborhood Services.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Entry Registration is Open
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a judge or steward, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
The 2016 Nordeast Big River Homebrew competition is here!
Registration is open August 1st - Sept 10th.
Entries are capped at 400.
- We are using the 2015 style guildelines
- We will only accept online entries
- There is a limit of 400 entries for the entire competition.
- Bottles must have the official entry labels (printed as part of the online entry process) attached to them with a rubber band. No tape/glue.
- NO MEAD, NO CIDER (sorry)
- Anyone of legal age may enter.
- Beers must be entered under the name of all brewers who helped.
- Beers brewed in commercial facilities are ineligible.
- Shipped entries must be received by Sept 10th, 2016.
- All entries will be picked up from drop-off locations the day of the entry deadline.
- $7 per entry.
- Entries may pay via PayPal or Cash .
- Two (2) 12 oz. bottles are required for each entry.
- Print your labels prior to the end of the entry deadline.
- Attach one label to each bottle using a rubber band ONLY.
- Include your check with your entries or print your PayPal checkout and include it with your entries.
- Bottles must be free of labels or other identifying marks.
- 12 oz brown capped bottles, void of all identifying information, including labels and embossing are required for all categories, Printed caps are allowed, but must be blacked out completely.
- The following category exceptions are allowed.
- 23, 28, and 33
- Due to the nature of funky, sour and barrel aged beers, any size (10 oz minimum), shape, and color of bottle will be accepted. All attempts to make the entry anonymous must be taken.
- Swing top bottles will likewise be accepted as well as corked bottles.
- Bottles will not be returned to contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Nordeast Brewers Alliance
- All entries MUST be registered ONLINE – no paper entries allowed. (Please contact email@example.com if you have problems with the registration database.)
- The 2015 BJCP style categories are available at the BJCP site.
- All 2015 BJCP categories of Beer will be accepted.
- The competition committee reserves the right to combine or split categories based on number of entries.
- All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles.
- All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- In the first round, each judge will score 5-13 entries selecting the best three.
- If a second round is necessary, the second round will consist of the top three entries selected in the first round.
- All entries will be evaluated by more than one judge.
- Entries will be chilled.
- Entries will be disqualified for rules infractions. These entries will be judged if possible, but not eligible for awards and prizes.
- All decisions of the judges and competition committee are final.
- All entries become the property of the Nordeast Big River Homebrew Competition. No entries will be returned for any reason.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via the Contact section.
- Aaron De Boer — Competition Committee Chairperson - Nordeast Brewers Alliance
- Brian Johnson — Competition Event Coordinator - Nordeast Brewers Alliance
Nordeast Brewers Alliance is proud to have the following sponsors for the Nordeast Big River Homebrew Competition by the Nordeast Brewers Alliance.